Ahad, 7 November 2010

TREE PLANTING PART 2 (Report on Maintenance)

Date of Experience
10th October 2010 – 7th November 2010
Venue Experience
Around the water tank, at back of UBD campus along road from UBD library to back access to UBD.
Purpose of Experience
A report about tree planting and how to keep the tree grow well.

What was the highlight of the experience?
The highlight was to see the condition of my own trees (at hilly) and steps taken to make my trees grow well.


What aspect of the experience caused you the most anxiety?
Three times a week I always came to see my trees and watering it except if it is raining. After few days of planting trees, I found all my trees in a good condition except only one tree. Which the bottom leaves of my tree was started to become brownish. I didn’t know why it happened and turns like this. So I asked my friend about this problem. My friend told me that may be the tree is not enough water. So I just give more water to my tree. Luckily after few days later, I found that my tree back to normal. From this experience I found that even the place is raining but we still have to watering it because the water will flow to downstairs and dry faster as it at hilly land.


Was there any aspect of the experience that surprised you?
I saw some of my friends give fertilizer on top of their tree soil. They said that this fertilizer will help their own trees to grow well and fertile the soil. So I follow the same way like them by giving fertilizer on top of my tree soil.
The Lecturer told us that we have to put coconut leaves around the plant because to protect the tree from harsh weather and avoid the land from dry. As I give the coconut leaves around the tree, I’m surprised that I don’t have to give more water because the land was already damp.
As the lecturer said that we have to protect our own tree from direct sunlight. I just use the bushes to protect my plant because the bushes were long enough to cover my trees.


What were the three most important things you learnt from the experience?
  1. Always give more water to the tree that planted at the hilly place. Because the place was easily dry than other land. Even the place was always raining; the water will not stay on top but will flow to downstairs. The best way to plant tree is at a level surface.

  1. Give more fertilizer on top of the tree because it will help the plant to grow well and the soil will fertile.

  1. Use coconut leaves as to avoid the land/soil from dry.


Which aspects would you include in your future behaviour based on your learning from this experience?
Even this is my first time planting trees but I was so excited that my tree in a good condition. I have learned many things which are not only from my lecturer but also from my friends. From my experience of caring this plant, I think I can share it to my family and other friends.


Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan